Monday, January 9, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI prediction: Giants-Patriots rematch

I realize that the chances of the New York Giants making it past the Green Bay Packers and then the New Orleans Saints (or the San Francisco 49ers) are slim, but hey, a lot of us (me included) didn't think the G-Men would get this far.

And dang if the Giants didn't look good against the Atlanta Falcons yesterday -- beating the birds 24-2! (Here at J-TWO-O Central we now refer to Mario Manningham as Super Mario.)



As for the New England Patriots, while we know their recent playoff (and Super Bowl) record is not the best, I've got a feeling about this one. And not just because the Patriots destroyed the Broncos last time they met.

(In the words of Jesus Sudeikis, from one of my favorite recent Saturday Night Live skits, "If I'm the son of God, Tom Brady's got to be the guy's nephew.")



So who do you all think is going to Super Bowl XLVI? Leave your prediction in the Comments section.

Go Giants!

UPDATED 1/15/12: Giants beat the Packers! Giants beat the Packers -- 37-20! We are one step closer to the dream, Giants fans. (Though, of course, I have probably just jinxed the G-Men.) See you in San Francisco, Giants fans!

UPDATED 1/22/12: OMG, the Giants beat the 49ers 20-17 in overtime! The Giants are going to the Super Bowl -- as are the Patriots, who beat the Ravens earlier today. OMG!!! It's the Giants versus the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI! We may win the football pool yet!

UPDATED 2/6/12: GIANTS WIN! OMG! GIANTS BEAT THE PATRIOTS 21-17 IN ANOTHER NAIL BITER! WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!

4 comments:

Steven said...

Giants 24 -- G-d...I mean Broncos 6.

Anonymous said...

NO WAY will the G-men (and I use the term lightly) get past the Packers. I'm a Brees-y kind of gal... so I say Saints VS Pats (although I wish for a Saints VS Broncos!!)

J. said...

Giants beat the Packers! Giants beat the Packers!

J. said...

Giants beat the 49ers! Giants beat the 49ers! And the Giants are going to the Super Bowl! WOOHOO!