Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why some women remain single + how to fake French!

In today's blog post, we reveal the reason why some women, despite being successful and attractive and seemingly doing all the right things, remain single -- and provide helpful tips on how to speak French (without actually speaking French).

First up, why some women remain single. (Hint: It's the cat!)



[H/T to friend of the blog Another David S.]

All I can say is, it's a good thing I didn't have the cats when I was dating the spouse. (Though I have had a strong suspicion for a while now that the cats, who spend most of the day on my lap or on my desk while I type, have something to do with the mysterious disappearance of job offers that would take me out of my home office and away from them -- which that video did nothing to allay.)

Next, how to fake French (when you don't know how to speak it).



Merde. Wish I had known about this one before we went to Paris.

4 comments:

Betty Cracker said...

I have a French friend who TOTALLY does that making weird sounds bit depicted in the 2nd clip. I thought it was her personal quirk, but now I realize it's a FRENCH thing! Thanks, J!

Dave S. said...

When in doubt, talk like Maurice Chevalier.

Ange said...

First I'm going to have to learn some French swear words...

Sugar Daze said...

I absolutely adore the How to Fake French vid. And as someone who has lived in France for the past 8+ years, can attest to its complete accuracy. This is indeed an excellent way to fake your way through France!