Monday, January 30, 2012

Matthew Broderick's Day Off (Honda 2012 Super Bowl ad)

Oh yeah.



Honda's 2012 Super Bowl ad for it's "all new" CR-V, featuring Matthew Broderick as a grown-up Ferris Bueller, is brilliant.

What do you all think? Anyone...? Anyone...?

(I haven't counted all the Ferris Bueller's Day Off references and quotes, but there have got to be at least a dozen. I personally like when the valet calls out "Broderick...? Broderick...? Though it would have been funnier if Honda had gotten Ben Stein to play the valet.)

6 comments:

Meg said...

Love it!

AlyssaGoodman said...

Great idea, but I think it could have been even better--maybe the Super Bowl (trimmed) version will be better, or maybe I should go watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off again?!

Steven Bueller said...

They couldn't get Alan Ruck and Mia Sara...???

J. said...

and Jeffrey Jones and Jennifer Grey?

FWIW, I TOTALLY related to Jeannie, and have often found myself thinking the following of the Buellers of this world:

"Maybe Ferris isn't such a bad guy. After all, I got a car, he got a computer. But still, why should he get to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants? Why should everything work out for him? What makes him so goddamn special? Screw him."

That said, I loved that movie.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Brilliant. Ferris is one of my all time favorite movie characters.

Dave S. said...

That was surprisingly good. Perhaps they did not want Jeffrey Jones involved.

I have a complicated relationship with John Hughes movies.