Friday, March 26, 2010

Lips like sugar

Literally.

Unbeknownst to me, that is, until the kid put on WBLI in the car this morning, you can, indeed, have lips like sugar, sugar kisses -- or sugar cookies, as well as chocolate peanut butter cookies, chocolate brownies, and strawberry or chocolate frosting -- thanks to Betty Crocker lip balms.

And if the taste of sugar cookies isn't your thing, there are a cabinet full of sugar cereal lip balms to smack your lips on.

Want to make your lips magically delicious? No problem. Just smear a little Lucky Charms Lip Balm on them. (There are also Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and Boo Berry lip balms, as well as Cocoa Puffs and Trix, which apparently is not just for kids.)

You can also have lips like buttered popcorn or Cheetos (the latter my daughter INSISTED we buy her a while back), but seriously? Ew.

Call me old-fashioned, but what was wrong with plain old ChapStick...



or just smearing some Vaseline on your lips? (Both of which I still do, for the record -- and I think my lips look and feel just fine, thank you.)

What do you think about all these fancy flavored lip balms? Would you wear one? Do you wear one? Leave me a Comment, below.

Bonus Echo & The Bunnymen "Lips Like Sugar" video:

5 comments:

Edward P. Schwartz said...

I knew I liked J-3-0. I am a huge Cheetos fan. But isn't the best way to get the taste of cheetos all over your lips to just eat a bunch of cheetos? Why mess around with lip balm? Ah, kids today...

Friedlander said...

People forget how great Ian McCullouch was in Echo & The Bunnymen. One of the all-time under-rated bands. Nice to see again. Thank you!!!

Dave S. said...

The advantage of Cheetos lip balm over regular Cheetos is keeping your fingers their normal color and consistency.

Be thankful the attention of at least a few food scientists is diverted from coming up with new and pointlessly innovative ways to transform corn into "food" "products." Yes, I have read Michael Pollan recently.

Finally, you will get no under-rating of Echo and the Bunnymen from this direction, although they had the poor taste to do "Lips Like Sugar" AFTER their greatest hits collection came out.

Sarah said...

Hi! Found your blog from reading your comment on Mommy Wants Vodka. I LOVE plain old chapstick. I might have to branch out now that I know what else is out there.

JWT said...

It takes a real devil-may-care attitude to puff on a cigarette while relying on your voice for a living. Excellent!