Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nothing says "Easter" like...

Ah spring, when the candy industry's fancy turns to... Easter. Easter, a time of reflection, renewal, and, of course, Cadbury Creme Eggs...



and Peeps.













Truly, few things say "Easter" like fuchsia marshmallow bunnies and neon yellow marshmallow chicks... and the annual Washington Post Peeps Show. (Click on the link to see this year's winner, finalists, and semi-finalists.)

This year, in preparation for Easter, I personally made a pilgrimage to the Peeps Store just outside of Washington, D.C. And let me tell you, it was an extremely spiritual experience. (The words "moveable feast" do not do the Peeps Store justice.)

Behold, the power of Peeps!













































































Magnificent, are they not?

No wonder that Peeps have been the #1 selling non-chocolate candy at Easter for over 20 years. (For more fascinating Peeps facts, click here.)

And speaking of Peeps, a big "thank you" to my human peeps in D.C. and VA for showing me such a great time while I was in town. You guys are the best.

5 comments:

EMM said...

I ate one of the dark chocolate covered Peeps. OMG. Had to hide the oher one.

Erin said...

Wait. There's Peeps store??? In VA or DC?? I MUST go!! Admittedly, I'm a little more drawn to Cadbury...but holy shit. I wanna see this store. Especially if they have t-shirts.

J. said...

@Foxy, It's in National Harbor (MD) -- and they, indeed, have t-shirts. Bwahahaha. (Btw, I am more of a Cadbury gal myself, but Peeps & Company, the official name of the store, is an experience not to be missed. And did I mention they have dark chocolate-covered Peeps?)

Anonymous said...

Dark chocolate - YUK !!!! Nice creamy milk all the way......

Aunt Becky said...

My dad would be in HEAVEN!