Saturday, March 27, 2010

Who the heck is Justin Bieber?!

And how did this tweeb (which is a cross between a teen and a dweeb) manage to sell out Madison Square Garden and be one of the most tweeted topics on Twitter for MONTHS now?!

And before you start calling me an old fart, let us recall that I have, on these very cyber pages, confessed my love for Britney Spears and Lady Gaga (their music, at least some of it, not them). I even have a Miley Cyrus song on my iPod.

But Justin Bieber?! Seriously, what do girls see (and, more importantly, hear) in this dude (who, I first thought, was a dudette)? I just don't get it. Btw, neither does my tween daughter, who begged me to write this blog post. Though she also told me to include Justin Bieber's video for "Baby," featuring Ludacris.



All I can say is Justin Bieber is no Davy Jones...


THE MONKEES - DAYDREAM BELIEVER

5 comments:

JWT said...

You'll hate me after you've done so, but you should go to Tiger Beat's website. It's apparently Justin Bieber all the time over there these days. I'd say that you'd lose all hope for the next generation, but our people did the same thing to Andy Gibb, and we turned out alright.

EMM said...

He's everywhere. Last week while in NYC, the local news was reporting that JB's manager had been/or was not (who cares) charged with starting a riot in a mall on Long Island. This tween uprising was due to a JB appearance.

I'm with JWT - this too will pass.

Yikes.

J. said...

@JWT, I will not and do not hate you because I will not go to Tiger Beat, though in my teens I was known to read an issue or two. Btw, my best friend in middle school was a HUGE Andy Gibb fan, and I think she wound up becoming a crack ho. (Kidding! I think. For the record, I didn't have a crush on any musical teen idols, though I believe I owned a couple of Shaun Cassidy 45s.)

@EMM, I'm sure it will, eventually - only to be replaced by someone else.

Powaqqatsi said...

His testicles will drop
His voice will drop
His career will drop

Anonymous said...

I feel so old.