Monday, January 18, 2010

Call me old fashioned but...

I believe in the Golden Rule (the "do unto others..." version, as opposed to the one that says "he who has the most gold makes the rules").

I believe it is better to give than to receive (at least most of the time).

I believe that if you don't have something nice to say, you shouldn't say anything (unless you are Conan O'Brien or Ricky Gervais).

I believe you should write a thank-you note (or at least a thank-you email) when someone gives you a gift or does something especially nice for you.

I believe the words I'm sorry should actually mean something, and not be followed by a preposition or accompanied by a press release.

I believe that people should get married first, then have children.

I believe that children should be seen and not heard when in public places that cater mainly to adults, like restaurants and shops.

I believe "low-fat brownie" is an oxymoron (and just moronic).

I believe a woman's bikini should have a bottom and a top. [H/T Larissa]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute. Aren't you a self proclaimed "elitist" though? Don't you have an exemption to the Golden rule like Nebraska or the SEIU? Don't you believe that if you have long hair then you don't need a top?

Kendor said...

J, you just need to grow you hair out. I haven't seen L in a bit, but I suspect she needs to grow hers too.

Anonymous said...

There are only a few people that could go topless.(and that is including most of the guys too!)

I am not one of them so I am OLD FASHIONed. That is my excuse, not the gallons of Ben and Jerry's I consume-but, that there is a fashion rule!

EMM said...

That suit is not attractive and would leave very unusual tan lines. Why not go topless... fashionably?

I do agree that most people do look better w/ clothes on.

J. said...

I love how everyone immediately went to the topless bikini. And people ask me why I do so many posts about "sexy topics." Sigh.

Dave S. said...

The monokini:
It's in Wikipedia
(But not safe for work)