Sunday, April 21, 2013

Watch the birdy!

Welcome to the Earth Day edition of Mutual of J-TWO-O's Wild Kingdom!

Today's episode features photographs of birds the teenager and I spotted while on Sanibel Island (I took all the photos), which is a bird- and shell-lovers' paradise.

And now may I direct your attention to --

Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! it's a plane!















(Actually it was a bird, specifically a brown pelican. Although it looked amazingly like a pterodactyl.)

Meanwhile, back on the beach....

What you talkin' 'bout, Willets?















Now look at the sky. Now back to me. I'm under an osprey.















Question: So is a bird in the sand...















worth two in the bush?















(Okay, yes, technically, it was a tree. Work with me, people.)

My only egret?















That I could not stay longer on Sanibel Island.

No comments: