Sunday, April 28, 2013

President Obama, Standup Comedian in Chief

In case you missed President Barack Obama's set at last night's White House Correspondents Dinner (aka The Nerd Prom), here you go.



You may not agree with Obama's politics or policies, but the guy knows how to deliver -- a joke.

[Control yourselves Republican readers.]

Among my (and Newt Gingrich's) favorite lines (this totally cracked up the Newtster; Callista tried to laugh, but her face began to crack):
I know Republicans are still sorting out what happened in 2012, but one thing they all agree on is they need to do a better job reaching out to minorities.  And look, call me self-centered, but I can think of one minority they could start with.  (Laughter.)  Hello?  Think of me as a trial run, you know?  (Laughter.)  See how it goes.  (Laughter.)
I also liked his line about proposing a toast -- and it dying in committee.

Among the other big laugh lines, Obama remembering when "when BuzzFeed was just something I did in college around 2:00 a.m." And his response to people pestering him to have a drink with Congressman Mitch McConnell: "Really? Why don’t you get a drink with Mitch McConnell?" (That line slayed the crowd. Make that Politico Nerd Prom.)

You can read all of President Obama's remarks at the 2013 White House Correspondents Dinner here.

1 comment:

AlyssaGoodman said...

my fave was CNN covering "all sides of story, just in case one of them happens to be accurate"!