Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's got a good beat and I can dance to it

I enjoy many types of music -- jazz, bluegrass, Brazilian, rock, new wave, country.... But if my iPod is the true judge of the kind of music I like best (at least to drive or exercise to), I love a pop song with a hard-driving beat that makes me want to get up and dance. (I am still broken up about LMFAO's breakup and disappointed with PSY's latest, "Gentlemen," which is no "Gangnam Style.")

My current fave dance tunes? I like the "Remix" by New Kids on the Block (now known as NKOTB, which makes me think of Hoda Kotb, but whatev -- those "kids" are probably closer to her age than the teenager's).



I am also still into "Thrift Shop" sung by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, even though I still cannot figure out what the f**k they are saying (or rapping), except for all the bad words. (WARNING: This video contains a lot of cuss words. But it is still freaking awesome. I also love the canine version.)



Also on our -- the teenager makes the spouse listen to this song all the time when they are driving together -- playlist, "Scream & Shout" by will.i.am featuring Britney Spears.



Now, now rockin' with J-TWO-O and Britney, bitch.

(Re "Scream & Shout," nothing cracks up me and the teenager more than hearing the spouse say "I want to scream and shout and let it out," a la Rex Harrison.)

So what are y'all listening to?

No comments: