Thursday, January 27, 2011

Where'd everyone go?

Oh yay, more snow. (That would be sarcasm, for those of you not from NYC.) And two more storms on the way. Yippee. (More sarcasm.)

And schools are closed. Again. If this keeps up, by the time school ends for the year, it will already be time for them to go back. (Really, is it asking too much for my kid to have a full week of 8 to 4 school? I can't remember the last time she had a full week, or a full day.)

For those of you in Florida, Southern California, and New Zealand, this is what you have been missing. The first picture of what used to be known as our deck was taken after the last big storm, earlier this month. The last two -- where you can no longer see signs of our deck furniture (or much of anything else) -- I took this morning. And that one at the top? It's the spouse shoveling snow OFF OUR ROOF. Personally, I don't think they do the snow justice.

(Btw, here in the Northeast, split-level igloos are all the rage.)














































If you don't hear from me for a while it's because either a) the roof collapsed, b) I collapsed while trying to shovel all that snow, c) I fell out my second-story office window trying to break up the ice that has taken residence above it again, before it does more damage, or d) I spun out in my Mini while trying to make it to my chiropractor. (I should seriously attach a plow to the front of my bumper. I nearly didn't make it up our little hill yesterday. Very scary.)

2 comments:

larissa said...

My roof is creaking
Time to fly south like the birds
Before burial

Anonymous said...

My people built an igloo, we always wanted a second home!