Friday, March 11, 2011

Leave God and Country out of it

I am so sick and tired of politicians (and athletes and celebrities) using God and Country as an excuse for bad behavior (and wars). Or invoking God and/or Country to erase or cover up past sins.

And while Newt Gingrich is not the first and certainly not the last politician running for office to use God's name in vain (at least I hope it will be in vain), I found his recent comments about his extramarital affairs not only disingenuous but despicable. As did MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell, who corrected Gingrich's statement in the following clip, which aired on his show The Last Word last night.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Bravo, Lawrence O'Donnell. Bravo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG-that was funny/true.

Dave S. said...

That would have been more amusing and effective at half the length, but I understand the temptation to pile on. I can only thank God and the US that I have resisted piling on myself.

Leaving aside the spectacular personal flaws, Newt Gingrich is easily one of the worst Americans of the last fifty years.

Verification word "insham" which is where Mr. Gingrich has resided for his entire "adult" life.