Thursday, November 6, 2008

Best Birthday Present Ever

Okay, maybe not "ever." The Nikon D70s the spouse and his mom got me a few years ago was pretty sweet. But if you are a football fan, specifically a NY* Giants** (7 - 1 and the best record in the NFC, baby!) football fan, with a good sense of humor, this gift is pretty hard to top, though the Jose Reyes t-shirt (Mets #7) in the Victoria's Secret box, which the spouse gave me for our anniversary, may have.

That said, though, I am extremely pleased to have received an official Brandon Jacobs (Giants running back, #27) t-shirt on this my natal day, as well as the official NFL-approved thongs (the tags on which promise "Satisfaction Guaranteed!"). I just had to promise the spouse that I would not pose for or post any pictures of me in said thongs, which, really, is not a problem. (Sorry Tommy.) Though we did toy with the idea of sticking them on the cats.

UPDATED 9:35 A.M.: A friend just wrote, "I would have thought the Obama win would have been the best birthday present ever." She does have a point. Am waiting for my limited edition t-shirt from the Obama campaign (for making a donation to the DNC on behalf of the Obama campaign), in the mean time, there is this:

Though really, apparel-wise, I am currently more excited about my Giants garb. : )

* Technically the New Jersey Giants
** I am also a Jets fan

7 comments:

TommyMac71 said...

Oh nooooooo; not the jersey/t-shirt....That's a sure sign the player will get hurt or traded and be irrelevant in a matter of weeks.

I have to say a woman who gets a jose reyes jersey in a victoria secret box -- and LIKES it -- is very cool.

Question -- why did he have a Victoria's Secret box just lying around????

Happy Birthday. Enjoy the day and the year.

Anonymous said...

Now I am definately not calling this morning to wish you a happy birthday as you might be otherwise engaged modeling your new thongs and t-shirt! Have a great day!!
oxox JAGZ

J. said...

I guess I should have mentioned that he had also bought me a cute little set of PJs from Vicky's Secret (hence the box), which was under the Jose Reyes shirt. Unfortunately, I had to return the PJs as they didn't fit (got shorts instead), but I am NEVER giving up my #7 shirt!

Dave S. said...

Happy Birthday! I will refrain from crude jokes involving thongs and cats a la Steve Martin.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to the girl who now has everything she ever dreamed of. Enjoy your day and your thongs!
xoxoxo

J. said...

Thanks "Jill"! However, some good-paying work would be nice, if you happen to know anyone looking for a writer (or editor or researcher or project manager). : )

EMM said...

Happy Birthday! Your photos from your Mrs. Smith goes to Washington trip were wonderful. Cheers to a happy & healthy year ahead!