Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday to Demi Moore

Who turned 46 (46!) on November 11. (Making her much older than I am. Ahem. ; ) While I am not personally a Demi Moore fan, I know at least one of my (male) readers is. So here is a little Demi Candy for you, honey.

For the record, though, I do not believe she was Mrs. Ashton Kutcher yet when this photo was taken (if you catch my drift). ; )

And speaking of Ashton Kutcher, 30, who is not-so-bad-looking himself, per today's Scoop column on MSNBC, Mr. Demi Moore threw his wifey an intimate dinner party for 20 or so friends near where Demi was shooting her latest film.

As Scoop columnist Courtney Hazlett reported:

“They were cuddling and kissing all night,” a witness told Us. And it’s no secret that Kutcher is completely smitten with his wife of three years. “He’s in such awe of her,” a source tells Us. “He’s always telling her how beautiful she is and telling his friends how lucky he is.”

All together now: Aaaaaaw.

Gentleman, please take notice. You want to know the way to a woman's heart, the real one? Remember to tell her how beautiful she is -- and tell your friends how lucky you are. Granted, we are not all Demi Moores. But then again, how many of you are Ashton Kutchers?

UPDATED 11:15 A.M.: Blog reader "Another David S." just sent me this pre-boob job picture of Demi, with the note, "How gorgeous was this woman?"

I think Demi was around 18 at the time. I am with the boys on this one: she was way better looking before all the work. But I may be a bit biased as a lifetime member of the IBTC.

8 comments:

jjv said...

I remember when she had her original body. Ashton Kutcher is the Troy Donohue of the oughts. Very popular but utterly forgettable.

I'm not really a fan of either one but have seen a lot of their T.V. shows and movies. Further, I think to trade Bruce Willis for Ashton Kutcher is comparable to Mia Farrow trading Frank Sinatra for Woody Allen.

There appears to be no such thing as a "type" for these women.

Anonymous said...

Yes, "original body"--hear, hear. She never needed that awful boob job (never mind all that came afterward). But then what do I know? I like VPLs.

Anonymous said...

I too vote for the real body. That being said, Demi is appropriately named, as she is only "half" the woman of my beloved (in every imaginable way). And because of that, I consider myself much more fortunate than AK.

J. said...

Thank you, dear. : )

Like the analogies, JJV, even though I don't think they quite work. (I'd take Ashton over Bruce ANY DAY -- and both Frank and Woody were/are jerks.)

And thanks, too, to Another David S. Maybe all I need is a really good photographer to make me look that good. ; )

Dave S. said...

Somehow I missed hearing about all of the DM enhancements. The original seems fine enough, and why has my work productivity suddenly nosedived?

Dave S. said...

My thoughts on DM are minimal, actually - she never attracted my attention outside of "Why Bruce Willis?", replaced later by "Why Ashton Kutcher?" More to the point, neither of those ever ended with "and not MEEEEEE?!"

EMM said...

I'd pick Bruce Willis over pretty boy Ashton Kutcher anyday.

The GQ with the cover of Bruce Willis graced my college dorm wall for quite some time.

Thanks for the memories J!

TommyMac71 said...

I'm not sure there are two people on the planet I care less about than Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher..... I mean when was the last time Demi was anything besides a cougar????

Happy Birthday, I guess, but really who cares J???