Thursday, March 26, 2009

What Went On: American Idol Motown Night (abbreviated version)

Welcome Matt. You got it ON, Giraud.

And how sweet was Kris Allen?

I'm good 'n' 'Tyred of Scott.

Got no Joy from Megan. She better hope the voters need her.

Ah-Anoop, baby, baby.... It just wasn't that good for me, Dawg.

Good thing Michael Sarver ain't too proud to beg, cause he SUCKED.

I'm hot for Lil Rounds, but that performance left me lukewarm.

Take a good look at Adam Lambert. Not a hair looked out of place, and he had the audience, Paula, and Smokey in tears. (But I still think he's a bit of a clown.)

I was so ready for Danny Gokey. And while that performance wasn't outta sight, he did more than all right.

I know you're depending on me to tell you the truth, and Allison Iraheta was stone cold awesome.

My Final Four prediction after last night: Matt, Kris, Danny, and Adam

(Note: I really want Matt, Danny, Lil, and Allison, but I don't think the girls have a chance this year. Disagree? Lay it on me.)

UPDATED 3/26/09 AT 9:45 A.M.: For more on last night's American Idol, check out MSNBC.com contributor Craig Berman's commentary. He (like me) has been covering Idol for years, though this year he just seems to be regurgitating what the judges said. Also, DialIdol.com predicts that Scott, Megan, and Michael will be in the bottom three this week.

SLIGHTLY O/T, THOUGH STILL MUSICAL: Since yesterday I have had Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" playing nonstop on the mental jukebox. And I have NO IDEA what the video has to do with the song. I'm going to file this one in the same category as KC & The Sunshine Band's "That's the Way I Like It." Uh huh uh huh.

UPDATED 3/27/09 @ 7:45 A.M.: As predicted, Michael Sarver got the lowest number of votes and is heading back to family and rig. I would have preferred to have seen Scott go, but soon come. And I was floored that Matt was in the bottom two. Huh? Wha? And I even voted for the guy. Hmm... Until next week, Idol fans. (Btw, for the record, I watched the NCAA Basketball Tournament during most of Idol. Go UConn (who beat Purdue to move on to the Elite Eight)! Though the Pitt-Xavier game was darn fine basketball, too.)

8 comments:

AlyssaGoodman said...

Totally agreed overall, but I *like* Anoop in the long run as a contender... AG

Anonymous said...

Adam rocked me baby!

TommyMac71 said...

I have as much interest in American Idol as I do in kinesiology.....Sorry, I fear I have nothing to add....

:)

Dave S. said...

Kinesiology changed my life and it could change yours too. Order my free pamphlet and find out more.

Anonymous said...

It is all about NOOP dawg...period...end of story

Anonymous said...

My final 4 is Adam, Lil, Kris, and Allison. Danny is not my fav-sorry guys. Top 5-maybe!

coffee said...

it's interesting how the different contestants are emerging as either obviously terrible or obviously great

J. said...

Mercifully, I don't think there are any truly terrible finalists this year, coffee, though clearly some are MUCH better than others and certain people (Scott) only got there due to their story. Thanks for leaving a comment!