Friday, March 27, 2009

Cats, laps, and laptops

I have a very healthy codependent relationship with my cat, Felix. I sit at the computer all day researching or writing articles (amongst other things), and Felix sits or sleeps quietly on my lap, keeping me warm (and company).

However, the other day, for whatever reason, Felix decided to forgo my lap and instead opted to curl up on my laptop.

This wouldn't have bothered me so much, except I was actually trying to get some work done. (Yes, jjv, I actually do work on occasion.) And Felix decided to rest his head and shoulders on my laptop's Caps Lock key.

SO I COULD ONLY TYPE LIKE THIS, WHICH I DON'T THINK MY CLIENT WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED.

WHEN I TRIED TO MOVE FELIX AND REGAIN CONTROL OF MY KEYBOARD, HE GAVE ME THE PAW.

SIGH.

5 comments:

Laura W said...

oooooooo....we are not allowed to do that, Felix! Whenever we get caught on the keys there is much high-pitched, high-volume yelling by you-know-who.

As a matter of fact, whenever I jump up on the laptop coffee table now, I know to walk around it even without being told: "DON'T WALK ON THE LAPTOP, ANNIE!" That is very important especially when I am all wet from the rain water, which is any time it rains.

Anonymous said...

Felix!!! Shocked by that behavior!

Anonymous said...

You could write "Felix and Me" in all caps; I think the film version could feature Courtney Cox and Luke Owen; would be nice if Wes Anderson would direct.

EMM said...

I think you should teach him to type! If he's going to monopolize the computer, he might as well help you out.

J. said...

You tell him, Laura/Annie Cat! (Though it won't do any good.)

And yes, that would be nice, EMM, though Flora is really the better typist. ; )