Friday, December 2, 2011

Isn't Justin Bieber a bit tall to be Santa's elf?

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want Mariah Carey and Justin Bieber to stop making Christmas videos
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is...
Not this



Most (all?) of you know how I feel about annoying Christmas music, but this new version of "All I Want for Christmas Is You," performed by Justin Bieber and Mariah Carey, gives Wham! a run for the money. (Also, while I think Mariah Carey looks better than she has in years, Carey trying to seduce the Bieb in a skimpy Santa costume is more than a bit disturbing.)

Please make it stop.

[Consider this an Open Thread to voice your opinion about the best and worst Christmas songs.]

6 comments:

Mona said...

All I wanna know is...When is his voice going to change? or is he going to be like Michael Jackson?

Anonymous said...

Come on, the song is good, it is just the video that is creepy.

In the Holiday spirit, I day, BAH HUMBUG!!!

Sugar Daze said...

Sorry the seduction was lost on me with all the distracting product placement (DS, Macy's, I'm talking to you) and Mariah's weird wall-hugging technique (is she trying to supercede JLo in the booty department?). Is it just me or is the Bieb even prettier than Mariah?

Ange said...

That's some scary sh...er...stuff! :-p

Dave S. said...

I said this last year for the Beatles subcategory. Outside of that, the "best list" includes the Waitresses' "Christmas Wrapping" and of course the contribution by BRUUUUUCE (miss you, Big Man).

J. said...

Okay, I have a new candidate for The Most Annoying Christmas Song: Madonna singing "Santa Baby."