Thursday, December 23, 2010

Felix Navidad (or How to Put a Cat in a Santa Hat)

So for Christmas this year, we (okay, the daughter and I) thought it would be hysterical to take a picture of our black cat, Felix, in a Santa hat. Why? So we could wish our friends a Felix Navidad.*

Get it? Felix Navidad! It's a riff on José Feliciano's Christmas song, "Feliz Navidad" -- "one of the most downloaded and aired Christmas songs in the United States and Canada," per Wikipedia.

Easier said than done.

Let me just say, when it comes to putting a cat in a hat, unless you are Dr. Seuss (or these guys), good luck. Though we came close, as this photo and video (our third attempt at capturing getting Felix to wear a Santa hat) attest.



Note: No humans were injured in the making of this video. And, this evening -- wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles -- the daughter managed to get the Santa hat on Felix!

















Wishing you a Meowry Christmas...



*Also, we were totally jealous of all those rabbit owners who kept flaunting their Christmas outfit-wearing bunnies over on Disapproving Rabbits. And wanted to one up them by putting a cat in a Santa hat.

5 comments:

J-THREE-O said...

Imagine how difficult it would be to put that hat on FLORA...

Kendor said...

Impressive... I almost got it, but F was having none of it. Three-0 had the perfect confident, firm, and calm touch... Bravo!

Anonymous said...

at my house, we have rusty x-mas socks!!!! xoxo

Charlene said...

That is so cool!

I'd never attempt that with my cat Felice.

Ange said...

I love it! And I love Felix. Monty would never allow it in my house. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Not that I'm going for one-upmanship either but...we get it a day earlier than you :)