Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The coolest show on TV?

No, I am not referring to Sarah Palin's Alaska on TLC, the premiere of which this past Sunday broke TLC ratings records.

I am referring to the ingenious Phineas and Ferb over on the Disney Channel.

Go ahead and make fun of me, but I love Phineas and Ferb -- a show about imagination, ingenuity, and the importance of family and friends, which also happens to have the best soundtrack of any show (kid or adult, animated or live action) currently on TV.





And I know I am not the only parent who appreciates Phineas and Ferb's wit, positive message, and awesome music. (Seriously, I am this close to downloading "Alien Heart" and "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" onto my iPod.)

Heck, WIRED magazine, a magazine for ADULTS (albeit adult geeks), just published a feature article about Phineas and Ferb creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh.

So next time you find yourself complaining that there's nothing good on TV, check out Phineas and Ferb. (New episode airs this Friday at 9 p.m. ET!) And you, too, will find yourself saying "Curse you, Perry the Platypus!"

4 comments:

David T. said...

It's a busting, feeding frenzy. Get out of the water!

Erin said...

Ooh! Watch Jimmy Newtron! Another show for adult geeks :)

J. said...

@David T.: Dang. Which episode is that from? (Am still not up to speed.)

@Foxy: Also check out Dexter's Laboratory, which just started airing again on Cartoon Network, and Johnny Bravo, which is on Boomerang now. The spouse and I have fond memories of watching both together (even when we were on vacation in France one time).

Ange said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! (I'd say "O" for "Awesome" but it's a kiwi joke). We don't have this down here (that I know of) but I sure hope it comes our way soon.

I'm rather fond of "Rocko's Modern Life" myself - but only because it's almost as strange as I am.