Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The real biggest threat to American families

Unsafe catfish. From Vietnam. (And you thought the Vietnam War was over. HA! It's just that now we're fighting their polluted Commie catfish!)

And you knows it MUST be true, because I saws it on the Internets.



Seriously, I thought this was some kind of joke. Until I actually went to the website, SafeCatfish.com.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for safe, pollutant- (and hormone- and chemical-) free food (which is why we buy all our meat and seafood at Whole Foods) and for the proper inspection and labeling of seafood (and all food in general), but I think President Barack Obama has bigger fish to fry (or bake or saute) right now.

Sorry U.S. Catfish Farmers.

(Note to self: Pick up some catfish at Whole Foods tomorrow.)

2 comments:

Dave S. said...

The bigger problem is that the catfish is infiltrating other freedom-loving food groups via a network of tunnels. Also they have universal healthcare.

I'm too much of an effete snob to know how much catfish is consumed on average, and too lazy to look it up, but I did enjoy catfish and hush puppies the last time I was in Alabama. Fried heaven.

Charlene said...

LOL Dave S. SMILE