Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The bigger the boobs, the better the present?

A friend just emailed me this article about a controversy in the UK over this card (at right) aimed at 13-year-old girls.

For those who can't make it out, the text on the front of the card says: "You're 13 today! If you had a rich boyfriend, he'd give you diamonds and rubies. Well, maybe next year you will -- when you've bigger boobies!"

And I agree, giving a 13-year-old girl diamonds and rubies is outrageous, even if it is her birthday and you are a sheik. But the part about getting a rich boyfriend -- and better presents -- when you have bigger boobies is absolutely true.

This is yet another tempest in a D-cup. (And no, I will never get tired of using that line.)

I actually applaud the card for keeping things real. Girls with bigger boobs (who are not hideously overweight and do not have faces that would scare off little children, or rich boyfriends) do get richer boyfriends and better presents than flat-chested women (unless the flat-chested woman has an exceptionally beautiful face). If it wasn't true, plastic surgeons would be out of business. 

Indeed, I don't think the card went far enough. What it should have said was, "-- when you've bigger boobies and that acne has cleared up!"

3 comments:

J. said...

If one more person emails me that there are plenty of A- and B-cup women who date or marry rich guys, and probably receive very nice presents, I'm going to scream. I KNOW. I was simply making fun of people who were outraged by that card. And yes, mother, I am aware of the line "More than a handful is a waste." Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Sofia Vergara was asked on Ellen: Do Blondes or Brunettes have more fun )she has been both). She said the girls with the bigger boobs!

Ha!!!

J. said...

I rest my case.