Friday, December 7, 2012

It's the little things

Just received my shipment of eight tiny (187ML) bottles* of Charles de Fere Jean Louis Brut Champagne from!

 Looks like it will be a Happy Hanukkah (which starts tomorrow at sundown) and a Merry Christmas after all!


*I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, rarely being able to ingest more than a few sips of wine or beer or spirits without getting a killer headache. So I am always loathe to open a bottle of wine, and especially Champagne, for fear of wasting it. That's why I was delighted to come across these delightful mini bottles of bubbly -- Charles de Fere Jean Louis Brut -- while dining out last summer. More proof that good things often come in small packages. Now I can enjoy a sip of Champagne whenever I like, without the headache or the guilt.

UPDATED: Voila! My Champagne Menorah!

(I tried using my magnum of Dom Perignon, but it wouldn't fit in the frame.)


Edward P. Schwartz said...

What? They couldn't send you one bottle that would miraculously last 8 days?

Anonymous said...

I would drink all 8 in one sitting.

Dave S. said...

I'm picturing a menorah-shaped bottle holder with a spot for a regular-size bottle in the middle.

Eight crazy nights, indeed.

J. said...

@Edward and @Dave S., you boys inspired me. Check out my handiwork!

Another David S. said...

For extending wine life, I highly recommend one of these:

Since I drink only one glass of wine with dinner, I use these things all the time to keep the wine from going bad. Extends the bottle up to a week (vs. 3-4 days). Probably helps with Champagne, too.