Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dogs make (almost) everything better

Once again, this blog has gone to the dogs.

But there is something just so doggone funny about a a cute canine photograph. And I don't know about all of you, but I have been in dire need of a reason to smile of late. So I asked a bunch of my dog-loving, dog-owning friends to send me funny or super cute pictures of their dogs. Which they did.

I hope these pictures make you smile as much as I did.

Oh, and if I left out a picture of your pooch, please email it to me. If I receive enough funny dog photos (that are not grainy, underexposed or overexposed) I will do a follow-up post.

First up, Bella. Just wook at dat wittle King Charles Cavalier Spaniel puppy face! I dare you people not to say "aaaaw."






















Next up, Winston, aka Winnie the Pooh.






















Now before you start shaking your head about Winston's mom putting a helmet and Doggles on him, read what she wrote me:
Just so you don't think I'm one of those people who dress up their dogs....I decided after watching [Winston] clunk his head and get goose eggs and cuts on his head... and getting poked in the eye... to become one of those people. My family is horrified. [However,] I will do what I must to make our blind Winnie the Pooh's life a little more comfortable.
I don't care what your family thinks, C. You're a good mom.

Though while we are on the subject of people who dress up their dogs, let us take a moment to admire Tillie, who let her humans dress her in this cow costume.Yet still loves them. (My cat, Felix, is disgusted.)

















And behold this adorable pug, who is all heart.

















Though I am slightly disturbed by the cannibalistic undertones of this photo of my friend N.'s pug, Pansy.

Ah, what could be sweeter than two dogs peacefully snoozing side by side, like Daisy Mayhem and Patsy Marie, my friend "Betty Cracker"'s two boxers?














Perhaps a lovable lab baring his, uh, twig and berries as he happily snores away on the couch, like my friend Vinny here?
















Dogs sure do know how to relax.

Though lest you think that dogs are just a bunch of slackers, Zoe here wants you to know she puts in a full day's work -- and knows Photoshop.






















But the best thing about dogs? They are always there to welcome you home with a great big hug.



I love that spot so much, I've been pestering the spouse to let me get an Irish Wolfhound. (Though that dog has at least a foot and probably close to 100 pounds on me. So probably not a good idea.)

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas from Raven, Dave S.'s whipador....

2 comments:

Dave S. said...

Irish Wolfhounds are magnificent beasts. One comes to our dog park every now and then and Raven can pretty much walk under it without ducking.

Betty Cracker said...

Irish Wolfhounds are awesome, but I'm not sure they make suitable starter dogs? Maybe try a Boston terrier first? :)