For those of you land lubbers (like I -- or should I say, aye?) whose Pirate is a little rusty, there is a free course on how to speak Pirate. (Who knew?)
I have also included this short instructional video on Pirate speak, titled The Five A's.
And for all ye hearties who have Facebook pages, go to yer Profile page, scroll down to the very end of the page, to where the copyright (c) line is, along with the language. Click on the language (in my case, "English (US)"), and then select (click on) "English (Pirate)."
Finally, for you swashbucklers in search of a wench on this day, might I suggest the following Pirate pickup lines?
- Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
- I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
- Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
- Well blow me down?
- Prepare to be boarded.
- They don’t call me Long John because my head is so big.
- Wanna shiver me timbers?
- I’ve sailed the seven seas, and you’re the sleekest schooner I’ve ever sighted.
- That’s the finest pirate booty I’ve ever laid eyes on.
- That’s some treasure chest you’ve got there. May I plunge your riches?
[H/T to Dave S. for reminding me of this important day. Ahoy there, Cap'n Dave!]