Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The zen of cat brushing

I think we can learn a lot from cats (besides how to drink from a faucet or squeeze into a tiny box). Especially about relaxing.

I am always amazed how cats can relax anywhere, anytime. Indeed, just watching cats relax makes me feel, well, more relaxed. And after the stressful day I've had (which started with a migraine, and included finding a 1 1/2-inch piece of jagged metal protruding from my right front tire and having to defend an invoice to a client), I could use some relaxation help.

Enter this video of the world's favorite Internet cat, Maru, being brushed. You would think he was getting massage with happy ending. (If you have to ask, go to UrbanDictionary.com.)



Watching this totally relaxing Maru video, I was tempted to furminate Flora, but I don't think it would be a relaxing experience for either one of us. See "How to Lint Roll a Cat" (if you haven't already). And yes, I know furminating is entirely different. So is Flora.

UPDATED: In the spirit of being fair and balanced, at least when it comes to cats and dogs, I present this picture of my friend C.'s Tennessee Husky Hound, Boo, relaxing.
















Got a great pic of your dog or cat relaxing? Link to it in the comments or email it to me and I will post.

No comments: