Thursday, June 12, 2008

Weiner Sticks Up for Foreign Models

Thank you, Congressman Anthony Weiner (D-NY) for trying to help give a boost to New York's fashion industry by sticking up for the downtrodden and discriminated against -- by which, I mean, of course, foreign-born supermodels, who "must compete against computer geeks, doctors and other brainiacs for H-1B visas, generally reserved for the 'highly specialized,'" according to an article in today's New York Daily News. (My heart positively bleeds for Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen, who made $33 million in 2007, compared to the paltry $5 million earned by top American model Carolyn Murphy. And poor Heidi Klum...)

You can read more about Congressman Weiner's courageous fight to bring more (up to 1,000) foreign-born hotties to his Brooklyn, NY district in this article from Politico.

I think I speak for American men everywhere when I say, God bless you, Anthony Weiner. (Though really, dude, don't you and the House of Representatives have better things to legislate?)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That headline is worthy of the The Onion! The story belongs in the category of "you-couldn't-make-it-up-because-no-one-would-believe-it." You made my day!

Dave S. said...

That is the best blog post title ever. Although I just thought of "Weiner Probes Entry of Supermodels." Oh my. Are we going to start a comment deletion war?

Anonymous said...

This is the first guest worker bill that I have ever supported. Bring on the foreign babes so that we can replace ugly American females!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a haiku for this one. It's too depressing. And your post title, who could top that?

jjv said...

Doing the work Americans won't do?

Dave S. said...

For these stories there's
No better aptonym than
Congressman Weiner

J. said...

Thank you all for your comments. You made my day (many days, actually). Though the best part may have been when my spouse, glancing over my shoulder at the post, said looking at the picture "Who's that?" and not in a "I'd-do-her-in-a-minute" way. Turns out, he had no idea what Gisele looked like. (Trust me: He's not that good an actor.) I think I'll keep him after all. ; )