Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Would it kill you to pre-treat your laundry?

Or change a roll of toilet paper?

But getting back to today's subject -- pre-treating one's laundry.

I don't mind doing the laundry. Really. But it really pisses me off when, after I tell the spouse or kid to "pre-treat that really nasty stain," they totally ignore me and just throw whatever it is in the hamper -- and I wind up washing it and drying it and then when I'm about to fold it see that the stain or (more typically) stains have now set in and the shirt or pants are probably done for. Sigh.

Anyone else have this problem? Or a solution?

On a related note, I wonder if you can still buy Calgon water softener....

3 comments:

Ange said...

Your Calgon commercial got me hooked into clicking the next video link..and the next...and the next...If I'm late for work...(gotta love Gary's Mattresses)

Anonymous said...

When you ask someone to do something before you do something, then you go ahead and do it even if they did not, you are indicating that their non-action is OK regardless of what you say before or after the fact.

Make it known that if they do not pre-treat, it will not be laundered and it will sit in the hamper or perhaps even a separate hamper. The Hamper of SHAME!!! (ominous music)

Yes, the item will be damaged but it was damaged even when laundered, so the end result is the same. As long as it is their article of clothing the penalty is appropriate, but if it is someone else’s (borrowed shirt they spilled something on) perhaps a replacement fee (cash or services rendered) is in order.

Anonymous said...

May I suggest Borax. It works the same way in your laundry and has 8billion other uses not limited to, drain clearing, and ant killer (it makes them have bad gas and blows up thier stomachs). Look it up, one of those wonder products that makes me wonder why no one uses it anymore.