Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter: Everything You Need to Know in Just 6 Minutes

The final Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, opened today. And for those of you who are unfamiliar with the terms Hogwarts, quidditch, muggle, and horcrux, the helpful folks over at Slate V put together this amusing video Cliff Notes version of the previous seven films, which is must viewing.



So today's question: Are you planning on seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2? And, if so, will a child be accompanying you?

FWIW,
I read all seven books, as soon as they came out, but I only saw the first film. My daughter, however, has seen all seven films and is looking forward to seeing the final Harry Potter film while at sleepaway camp later this month.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read every book (only adult in line with the littles at midnight to purchase the new book).

I tried to find some littles to go with, but it looks like I am on my own!!! AGAIN!!!

Jane said...

I read all the books with my son when they came out & we've seen all of the movies together. We're going to see this last one together (and he is now 19 years old--I don't think you ever outgrow Harry Potter.) Looking forward to seeing this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I have read all the books, and will see the last movie, just to say I have... It may go to DVD before I do though. I don't really think books/movies 4+ are really appropriate for children though, so I won't take any with me.

Ange said...

Meh...not gonna see it. My daughter, Zeeb, went and said it was fabulous. My friend, Smiley, went and said she cried because it was so intense. But somehow...I was over Harry and his hurting scar after I read the fifth book.

Now if you want the REAL story...
Harry wakes up and discovers that the whole thing was a dream (think Dallas: Pam finding Bobby in the shower) and in reality, he was starving to death in the cupboard under the stairs at the hands of his abusive Uncle Vernon...
:-P

J. said...

@Jane, that is so sweet!

@Ange, LOL. I love it!

J-THREE-O wound up seeing the movie with a couple of friends yesterday and liked it very much, but didn't think it was the best of the bunch. I passed. The movies are way too scary for me.