Monday, February 28, 2011

Helen Mirren is one sexy, classy dame

There were a lot of fashionably dressed women at last night's 83rd Annual Academy Awards Ceremony, but one of the most fashionable -- and elegant -- had to be Dame Helen Mirren.

I hope I look half as good at 65. Heck, I wish I looked that good now!

And not only is Helen Mirren a knockout on the red carpet (as well as in a bikini), she's a darn fine Academy Award presenter and actress too. (I just loved her in Red and National Treasure: Book of Secrets. And I heard she does a mean Queen Elizabeth -- I and II.)

Btw, I know I am in the minority here (big time), but I thought James Franco and Anne Hathaway (loved her outfits -- but EIGHT changes?! Geez) did OK last night, though I agree with my friend, M., that Billy Crystal stole the show. Here's hoping Billy Crystal will consider hosting again next year. Otherwise, I say give Alec Baldwin another chance.

2 comments:

Dave S. said...

Indeed, there is nothing like a Dame.

The Washington Post recap described Ms. Hathaway's co-host perfectly: "Franco came off like that lacrosse boy you wish your daughter didn't hang out with so much..."

rmdodd said...

They stunk!