Wednesday, August 3, 2016

If you don't have anything nice to say (or tweet)...

Don't say -- or tweet -- anything at all. Especially if you are running for President of the United States.

I get that some people believe that "political correctness" has gone too far. (In some cases, I agree with them. An emotional support rabbit? Puh-lease. Spare me.) But it's still politic to be polite, especially if you want to win voters and influence heads of state.

Did Donald Trump's Trump's father, or mother, never say to him, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all"? Did he never see Bambi?



Hey, it's OK to disagree with someone (other than me). But there is no reason, especially for someone running for "higher" office, to resort to ugly name calling, crudeness, profanity, and bullying.

Silence may be golden, but recently I've been wishing it was orange.

4 comments:

Dave S. said...

If you are Alice Longworth Roosevelt or possibly Dorothy Parker, you can finish with "...come sit next to me."

J. said...

@Dave S., had either Parker or Roosevelt known or been at a dinner party with Donald Trump, she would not have said it.

lindaroo said...

"Silence may be golden, but recently I've been wishing it was orange."
If I participated in Twitter, I would tweet this line. Not that anyone would pay attention to me. But I would do my part to make it go viral.

J. said...

@lindaroo, I did tweet that line, on both of my Twitter accounts, and it received 0 likes or retweets. But I thank you. :-)