Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It's the stupidity

Stupidity. According to the dictionary, the definition of stupidity is "behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgement." Synonyms include "lack of intelligence," "foolishness," and "ignorance."










Well, this election cycle we have seen a lot of stupidity -- as in a lack of intelligence, foolishness, and ignorance. (And here I thought things couldn't get worse after Sarah Palin. Guess that was foolish thinking on my part.)

Maybe it's because I was taught from a young age to do my research and search out the facts -- though every person who has ever gone to school is taught to do that -- but I am stunned (though not surprised) by the amount of willful ignorance exhibited by so many supporters of the candidates running for President of the United States this year, as well as many of the candidates themselves.
















I get knowing the facts, but choosing to not let certain negative things override (dare I say 'trump'?) your support of a particular candidate. (Do I think Hillary Clinton was stupid, or naive, to use a personal email server? Yes. Will that stop me from voting for her in the general election? No. And please, all you Republicans and Sanders supporters, do not take that comment as an invitation to dump all over Hillary in the comments, which are now moderated, for good reason.)

But being told and shown the facts, repeatedly, and refusing to believe them? That is just stupidity -- and willful ignorance -- and is not the way to make America great again.

No comments: